Saturday, January 14, 2012

"Caught" out in the cold

The NFL playoffs are well underway with several of the second round games wrapping up this evening.  As a New England Patriots fan, the outcome of their game appears to be a mere formality at this point.  However, in the infamous words of Yogi Berra, "it isn't over until it's over".

Although New England winters are typically harsh, especially in January, this one has been rather mild by comparison to most; but tonight the temperatures have dipped into the single digits which can make playing football outside considerably more challenging.  In spite of the frigid weather, the Patriot's offense fired on all cylinders, as did their defense for that matter, and with it, they tied a number of offensive records. Even my dad, who prefers watching baseball to football, was in awe of the complete team performance turned in by the Patriots tonight.  It just goes to show you that sometimes getting "caught" out in the cold can score big points with the fans and in this case, for the home town team too.  Go Pats!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. February, and another Superbowl has come and has gone. I wanted The Patriots to win, but New York winning wasn't bad either. It was a very good game I thought. Some of the plays going down in the record books and will be talked about for generations to come, I'm sure. I'm not a big fan of Madonna, never was, so the halftime entertainment wasn't a thrill for me. I did turn the channel, I missed some of the boo-boo's.
    You would think after all these years the halftime performances would improve and The NFL would learn, beats me.
    Again we have the regretful finger pointing network to NFL and NFL to network. At least the commercials were good. I liked The car commercials, especially "The Dog Strikes Back" what do you think?

    ReplyDelete