Sunday, February 7, 2010

Comfort Under Cover

Have you ever had one of those mornings when you just didn't feel like getting up? Maybe it looked lousy outside or you were simply too tired to get right out of bed, but you still felt like lying there under the covers. Do you get the picture? Ah yes. Those nice warm blankets draped over you keeping you cozy, just as snug as a bug.

Just the other day, I had one of those mornings when I awoke only to find myself not quite ready to get out of bed. It was "heart warming" not having to hop out in response to some alarm going off in my ear. The thermostat was set at a chilly 60 degrees, but I was toasty in my little cocoon. As I was lying there, I was thinking how the blankets seemed to have become one, and I had become one with them. I was in my "comforter" zone for sure. Why would I ever want to get up? Well, if the coffee maker had an automatic start cycle, I suppose I might succumb to the aroma of some freshly brewing java.

So, the next time you aren't in a hurry to get rolling in the morning, do yourself a favor and stay right where you are. Going under cover may be just what you need to keep your heart and "soles" warm. Then, when you are ready, you can pound the pavement yet another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment