Monday, November 29, 2010

Cyber Monday, I'm not buying it

Remember the days when your parents would tell you to wait until Christmas, especially when you'd ask them for some special gift.  Maybe it is just my imagination or perhaps I am old school, but waiting doesn't seem to be part of the equation any longer.  We just celebrated Thanksgiving, but there were some who camped out waiting for the early morning bargains at the expense of spending the holiday with family or friends.  I remain puzzled by this phenomenon.

Charlie Brown had a wonderful line in the Peanuts Christmas video, " doesn't anybody know what Christmas is all about"?  Linus, of course, answered by saying, "Sure Charlie Brown.  I'll tell you what Christmas is all about", and he proceeded into a soliloquy about the Nativity scene recounting that famous night.

On this Cyber Monday, remember that the holiday season is about far more than the material gifts we may give or receive.  The retailers have created Black Friday and Cyber Monday, but they actually have no control over whether any one of us "buys" into it or not.  To that, you can just say, "No thanks, I am only looking, but thanks anyway".  Regardless, have a wonderful holiday season!

1 comment:

  1. No cyber Monday for me but we did hit Bld 19- the best. Happy Season and Merry Christmas! S

    ReplyDelete