Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Hidden in the Fog

While sitting on the front deck of a my sister in law’s family camp in Maine, I was looking out over the lake which was blanketed in a dense fog.  The morning Sun was up, but its warming effects hadn’t yet taken hold to burn it off.  Having enjoyed a glorious day of weather the day before and having been here several times over the years, I knew what the landscape ought to look like, yet I couldn’t see any of it.  I heard the soft  sounds of voices echoing from the lake, presumably those of fisherman heading to their favorite sites.  The distinct hum of car and truck engines in the distance, the chirping of birds, and the many other sounds of the day all provided for the melodious background music.  

So, what does this all mean?  In many respects it reminds me of the meaning of faith.  Faith is believing in the things that you cannot see.  When the fog is thick and obscures the view, one must rely on those other senses to offset the visual impairment.  It is having complete confidence that those unseen images really exist: however, as the fog lifts, the panoramic view confirms the presence of one’s belief that there is something wonderful out there just waiting to be “scene”!  Keep the faith my friends…

No comments:

Post a Comment