Monday, July 9, 2018

A Saint Among Us

The calendar indicates that it is July 9, 2018.  Ordinarily, the day would come and go for many of us like so many other days do, but today I am reminded of the man I called dad.

In the days following the fourth of July, my father's health seemed to take a sudden turn for the worst.  However, given the fact the he was 93, the decline was more likely due to the end of a life well lived and an inevitability, rather than an unexpected development.  He passed away in the confines of the family home surrounded by his loved ones, a blessing to him and a gift to those he loved.

Dad, everyday since has been a day that your presence has been missed, but indeed, you have certainly not been forgotten.  When I see the cardinals at the feeder in the morning and recall your words of wisdom echo in my mind while talking to family and friends,  I am reminded of your enduring influence.  Your legacy is alive and well, and that brings a smile to my face and a tear to my eye.  Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment