Saturday, September 11, 2010

9/11

Before September 11, 2001, this day was just like any other day on the calendar. However, following the tragic events of that morning, 911 has become synonymous with terrorism. Initially, the reports I received were that somebody crashed into Wall Street, however, that proved to be inaccurate. I remember my reaction when I first heard this news, and I assumed, incorrectly, that it was simply an angry investor. Unfortunately, the world is painfully aware of what actually happened.

As we remember the victims of the 9/11 terrorist attacks, let us be forever mindful that it is but a few, who have done so much, to so many. Remember, we now live in a global society, and therefore, our neighbors live next door, as well as across the sea. Newton's third Law of Motion states, "For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction", however, Newton wasn't considering anger or violence when he stated those laws from his observations. It is my observation that kindness might go a long way as an appropriate form of retaliation, so I propose we "kill'em" with kindness instead. Now that's an equal and "opposite" reaction and one that we all can live with peacefully!

3 comments:

  1. This is my song, oh God of all the nations,
    a song of peace for lands afar and mine.
    This is my home, the country where my heart is;
    here are my hopes, my dreams, my holy shrine;
    but other hearts in other lands are beating
    with hopes and dreams as true and high as mine

    My country's skies are bluer than the ocean,
    and sunlight beams on clover leaf and pine.
    But other lands have sunlight too and clover,
    and skies are everywhere as blue as mine.
    This is my song, oh God of all the nations;
    a song of peace for their land and for mine.

    Music by Jean Sibelius and Lyrics by Lloyd Stone
    We are truly one world, one people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Churchill in one paragraph, and 'killing with kindness' in the next. Cheeky...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, so it's not ACTUALLY two paragraphs.

    ReplyDelete