Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Annagrams

An anagram is a word, phrase, or sentence formed from another by rearranging its letters: for example “Angel” is an anagram of “glean.” If you have ever played Scrabble or done the Jumble from the newspaper, you'd apply some of the same concepts; however, you might not always be able to make more than one word with the letters. That's what makes an anagram unique, or in the case of a niece whose nickname is Annagrams, being unique just confirms that she is one of a kind.

Born the second of three children, all girls, she grew up in the shadow of her big sister, but that never seemed to be an issue. She has blazed her own trail and what a path that has been. During the 1996 trip to Yellowstone, her father made the comment to me that Ms. Annagrams was an early riser, and that she was the only person he knew who could make relaxing, look even more relaxing. I would have to agree with him on that one.

Now that she has made it through her years at BC, where she was a prolific Scrabble player, and is presently taking the nation's capital by storm, I wish you Happy Birthday Ms.Annagrams. Just remember, I hired you to be the CEO of my company, "Made from Scrap", and you ought to keep that in mind as you advance in your career. I realize that I have always called you Annagrams, but that was just your nickname. After all, I couldn't call you "Acronym" now, could I? Your name is Annie and that's perfect because it's an acronym for an "awfully nice niece in every" way!

3 comments:

  1. She's Peach all right!! Happy Birthday Miss ANNIE.
    Love
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is sooooo nice, U.S. Well done!!!
    -Annagrams

    ReplyDelete
  3. A well-written tribute to Annie!

    -E

    ReplyDelete