Thursday, July 1, 2010

Hannah Banana

When I was growing up, I always felt fortunate having older sisters, and to this day, I still do. I could always seek some motherly advice when Mom wasn't around, and sometimes I'd get it, even when it wasn't solicited. Of course, the bond that exists between siblings is very special, but in particular, the one between a brother and a sister has that unique character unlike that of a brother to brother or sister to sister relationship. Well for one certain niece, she has 3 brothers which has tripled her bonding experience.

Born the only girl in a family of boys, Miss HJ obviously has had to adapt to her environment. She has survived the antics of her brothers, both older and younger, and she has done so with the grace only a young girl can display. I am sure that she gets singled out at times. Heck, she is the only girl, so the odds are clearly not in her favor. Consequently, she has the fight of a lion, but deep within, she has a heart of gold. For those of us who know her, we recognize her for the kindhearted soul that she really is.

So, on this day, July 1st, let me wish you Happy Birthday Miss HJ. In the words of your famous Great Uncle, "you are a great kid, no matter what anyone says". And don't despair, your brothers will someday recognize just how much you complete their lives, as much as you have ours. God bless you always!

1 comment:

  1. I also wish you a happy birthday again Hannah - looking forward to Rangeley.Love Aunt Jean

    ReplyDelete