Sunday, October 27, 2013

Obstruction of Justice

The World Series game 3 ended on the most bizarre call I have ever witnessed to end a baseball game.  It started with a remarkable play to get the runner at the plate, but an errant throw to third caused the runner and third basemen to get tangled up.  When the runner tried to advance to home, he tripped and that delay caused him to be apparently thrown out at home.  The umpire reversed his initial call and awarded the runner home plate, thus ending the game.

I don't know that I agree with the call given the factors involved, but we all have to play by the same rules, so I have no choice but accept the decision that was made on the field.  The entire play caught me off guard, and evidently, it "blind sided" the umpires too!

No comments:

Post a Comment