Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Aging just a little less each day

There are plenty of theories written on aging, so one may think it would be foolish for me to even consider yet another. However, it has occurred to me that some people just seem to age "better" than others. Why, you might ask. I am not sure I have the answer to this without proper research; but what I do know is that people who exercise generally live with fewer health problems and often times, live longer lives as well. Naturally, accidents do occur and luck may play a role, but for the most part, if you take care of yourself, good things are more apt to happen.

Let me expound on this aging thought for just for a minute. By the time we reach the second day of our lives, we have aged twice as much as compared to that very first day. This is the most dramatic change in our aging process that we will ever experience. From that day forward, aging slows down. As you can see, with each passing day, each passing week, each passing month, and each passing year, percentage wise, we actually are aging a little less with each changing increment.

None of us knows how long we'll live, and the fountain of youth seems more imaginary than real. However, if you want to slow down your aging, then I suggest you start exercising. I don't mean that you have to become the "marathon man" or an "Ironman", I simply suggest you get moving. Get that old heart pumping, so that you can live life to the end, because living longer is only worth it if you are living more fully; and that my friends is what I believe is "age-less"!

No comments:

Post a Comment