Sunday, January 24, 2010

Two Loops "Le Trek"

Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec was a famous painter from the post-Impressionist period. How do I know this you ask? I had to do my homework for this one, since I really knew of him by name only. However, the artist usually has long since "retired" when the true value of their art or contributions becomes realized. Let me tell you, "Le Trek" lives.

My friends and I meet regularly most mornings to exercise. The routine varies from day to day, so it may involve running, biking, or swimming or some variation thereof. There are even days now when we make it to the weight room to "pump it up". So on those running days, the question usually becomes, "How long and where should we go?". Our route depends on several factors including, the wind direction and how much time any of us have. On those colder days, we'd opt for something shorter.

Just the other day, one of my friends, who has all our usual "routes" programmed into his PDA, suggested we take the in town course because of the conditions. There had been some overnight snow, so the footing was a tad treacherous. Naturally, since we are the safety conscious dudes we are, staying in town seemed to be less risky. In keeping with the inspiration of H. Toulouse-Lautrec and being a true Renaissance man himself, he recommended our run route for this snowy morning should be, the incomparable, "2 loops le trek"; a bit "icy" but worth the investment!

No comments:

Post a Comment